2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Keyless Entry on Base Model

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I think I realized too late that this is for the '09 - '10 base models.
We just inherited a '07 base model and I cannot get the keys to program.
Has anyone done this successfully on a '07 model?
THX!

Old 01-23-2021, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to post here as I had been searching hopelessly for solutions to installing a keyless entry system on a 2008 base model fit. I had the lock bind up on the driver's side (a common problem it seems) and didn't want the passenger side to ultimately go too. I'll post my resources below as I was unable to find all of the accessories for the OEM keyless entry kit (specifically the "harness" that the receiver and other accessories plug into) on any of the 3rd party dealer websites.

Total cost was $18 with shipping and works great (though I'll also throw a link to "t-splicers" on amazon that I wish I would have grabbed as it would have saved a lot of time and mess - check the wire gauge though as I don't recall which size was compatible)

Keyless Entry Kit w/ 2 remotes
Amazon Amazon

T-splicer for wires (with the exception of the 12v power wire to the ignition which is a larger gauge I believe)
Amazon Amazon

Diagram for removing kick panel/other relevant panels
https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images...m_AII37484.pdf

Diagram for removing steering wheel column cover to access ignition wires
Steering Column Cover Removal/Installation :: Dashboard Assembly :: Body Interior :: Body :: Honda Fit 2007-2021 Repair Manual :: Second generation (2007-2021)

Wiring Diagram for Keyless Entry System
Wiring Diagram

Wiring Guide for Honda Fit/Jazz
2007-2008 Honda Fit Vehicle Wiring Chart and Diagram

*I was not able to get the horn to work with the keyless entry and also did not try to get the lights to work, though you have the option of splicing those if you feel like taking the time to find them
**The lock and unlock wires are labeled appropriately (and can be found to the left of the fuse box); however, the easier access is the t-splicers and wires that come off of them and are colored differently (I think gray and red or something, but you can trace it easily from the starting wires).

I hope this is helpful and I'll check back periodically in case people have questions. This is all new to me (the wiring and installation) but I was able to complete it (reassembled) in about 3 hours. Very happy with the solution so far.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:55 PM
Finally got mine to work. 2009 Base model. Picked up a OEM Blank FOB key off of Ebay for $35. Initially, just could not get it to work. Read a bunch of website instructions, watched a few videos but still could not get it to work. Thought it might be because my driver side actuator seems to have died as my key no longer will unlock or lock the door. Also, if I use the arm rest door lock, it will unlock but immediately lock all doors. After two days of trying, I was watching the CFL video and browsing through the comments looking for anybody having the same problem. About 100-150 comments down, a person responded with instructions on how they figured it out. Instead of the ungaugeable "time to hit the lock button" from one second to four seconds, they figured out why the FOB has the red light that will be off, blink once when you hit the lock button, and will turn back on and stay on if you hold the lock button down. He stated that in order to get it to work, you have to hit the unlock button, see the light blink on and off, and then let go and turn the key to first position (not off) before the light blinks back on and stays on. The other general instuctions on the number and finishing/linking other FOB's stayed true. So basically, you want to do a fast click of the lock button and a quick reset to the keys first position. Time is a factor when hitting the unlock button.

Now, happily, I can unlock my door from the driver side and not having to go the passenger side, and climb through or unlock the driver door and walk back around. That or always leave my window rolled down. All that is left is to either find a locksmith or take the key down to a Honda dealership (70 miles away) and get it cut and programmed. Then, screw that stupid actuator.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:39 PM
After a successful FOB addition using an OEM Blank (which eventually I will have the Transponder programmed and key cut), I still wanted a FOB I could use with my existing plain original key. I decided to try one of the copy cat keys off of Amazon. I ordered one for $16
Amazon Key. Amazon Key.
Got it today and gave it a shot. It worked. I cut the key shank off so it is just the head unit and now I have FOB to go with my original key. Awesome sauce.