3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 02:15 PM
Dog proofed my car. I know a lot of Fit owners are also dog owners and I found this setup to be very helpful in keeping everything clean and undamaged. The Chemical Brothers rubber brush is also super helpful in removing hair from carpet before vacuuming.

In case anyone else is interested:
  1. Starling Door Card Protectors. They slide right into place between window and door with optional velcro attachments.
    1. https://amzn.to/2HMHM3d
  2. Bushwhacker pet blocker. attaches and detaches without modifying the car in anyway. 50inch wide
    1. https://amzn.to/2HL4poO
  3. Ali Express Trunk/Wall Matts. They velcro into place and fit perfectly.
    1. Trunk Liner

Old 03-28-2019, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
That looks good, especially since it fits.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Engine air cleaner change was due and luckily found the K&N for around 43$ so bought it and installed it about 10 minutes ago... so as soon as i have a chance to but dyno it ill tell how it responds in combination with the resonator tube cheat delete and the sumole air cooler...😁🤪😬

Old 03-28-2019, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku
Engine air cleaner change was due and luckily found the K&N for around 43$ so bought it and installed it about 10 minutes ago... so as soon as i have a chance to but dyno it ill tell how it responds in combination with the resonator tube cheat delete and the sumole air cooler...😁🤪😬

I like the fact that with a K&N, I'll never have to buy a Honda filter. I use one for the cabin filter, too.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Alvin Thai
Dog proofed my car. I know a lot of Fit owners are also dog owners and I found this setup to be very helpful in keeping everything clean and undamaged. The Chemical Brothers rubber brush is also super helpful in removing hair from carpet before vacuuming.

In case anyone else is interested:
  1. Starling Door Card Protectors. They slide right into place between window and door with optional velcro attachments.
    1. https://amzn.to/2HMHM3d
  2. Bushwhacker pet blocker. attaches and detaches without modifying the car in anyway. 50inch wide
    1. https://amzn.to/2HL4poO
  3. Ali Express Trunk/Wall Matts. They velcro into place and fit perfectly.
    1. Trunk Liner

This is nice. Exactly what I need. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Sort of prosaic, but I removed my snow tires and put my summer wheels on.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I like the fact that with a K&N, I'll never have to buy a Honda filter. I use one for the cabin filter, too.
Indeed THIS!! is the other reason I bought it too!! I have to look for the cabin filter though....

As for the performance aspect... gave it a couple of tries last night on the road... (no hard passes or drag race) and felt it a bit more responsive really feeling it while going uphill on a 2 to 3 mile long uphill.... on 6 gear..... it responded way better than with the OEM filter... so as of the 1st couple of hours!!! It has my approval with flying colors!! 💪🏽😁👍🏽

Old 04-03-2019, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LLLC1393
Where did you get the plate frame?
I got mine at my local Honda dealer here in Michigan

Old 04-04-2019, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
RS Engine cover

Bought this and is enroute to the house. Anybody got any info on it? Quality? Pics installed?

Old 04-04-2019, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by burtch07
Bought this and is enroute to the house. Anybody got any info on it? Quality? Pics installed?
I've seen that on Aliexpress. Would like to know too.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elkaku
Nice! Looking forward to the dyno results!

Old 04-04-2019, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
I've seen that on Aliexpress. Would like to know too.
Guess I’ll be the Guiena pig

Old 04-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Towed my John Deere to my in laws across down to aerate the lawn for the spring. Likley very close to 1800lbs gross. Slow and easy with electric brakes, no issues starting and stopping! Just cant go too fast unless im on the highway. Air shocks are a must!

Old 04-14-2019, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
BC Racing DS Series Coilovers

Installed. Extreme low kit was not that low Haha. Also performed the front sway bar delete mod. I couldn't figure how to remove it without dropping the whole engine cradle so I hack sawed until I remembered my cutoff blades. Good workout! Also installed weapon-r intake. Car is really tight. I am racing with speed ventures at Las Vegas motor speedway outdoor track 1.8 mi, 13 turns this Saturday 4/20 woot! Competing in the Honda HFF challenge. About to win some prizes! Also bought a spare L15B1. Of course I hauled it home in the fit! Gonna start an engine build thread. I'm going for a max effort NA build, shooting for 200 crank horsepower. They say it can't be done lolol... Cheers!

Old 04-14-2019, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Installed. Extreme low kit was not that low Haha. Also performed the front sway bar delete mod. I couldn't figure how to remove it without dropping the whole engine cradle so I hack sawed until I remembered my cutoff blades. Good workout! Also installed weapon-r intake. Car is really tight. I am racing with speed ventures at Las Vegas motor speedway outdoor track 1.8 mi, 13 turns this Saturday 4/20 woot! Competing in the Honda HFF challenge. About to win some prizes! Also bought a spare L15B1. Of course I hauled it home in the fit! Gonna start an engine build thread. I'm going for a max effort NA build, shooting for 200 crank horsepower. They say it can't be done lolol... Cheers!

Why would anyone delete the front sway bar?? Is there something I'm missing here???

Old 04-14-2019, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LLLC1393
Where did you get the plate frame?
I picked it up at my local dealer here In Muskegon, MI

Old 04-15-2019, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Front sway bar delete

For racing. It supposedly makes the car turn better. There's a number of folks who have argued it. When I installed the coilovers, I also purchased adjustable sway bar end links (still have, will be selling). I decided to drive it around with them uninstalled and see how it felt. It was fine so i decided to remove. I spoke with one of the best chassis builders in the country for fwd, who has probably the fastest fit in the country. He recommended I pull it. I argued so and so has his in. He said I'm way faster than him. That's good logic. I heard there was a risk of instability at high speed but she rides fine to me. And it improves the weight distribution. As they say, your mileage may vary. Cheers!

Old 04-15-2019, 11:10 AM
I would like to see a picture of the fit squatting with that engine in the back.

What are you plans for the build? Super high compression. I went 15:1 on a B series build and I regretted it. I could never get it to run right on pump gas. Was always worried to drive it. Made it so much less fun.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
I am looking for 75mm 12.5:1 pistons--they may have to be custom jobs. I can find 12.5:1 73mm (stock bore) and I can find 75mm in 10:1 (stock is 11). And all of this is for the L15A, and I am just hoping and praying that since the A and B have the same bore and stroke that pistons, pins, and rods are interchangeable. But again, somebody has to be first. Pretty sure I will still be able to run 91 with these. I am also thinking about doing a flex fuel sensor, and a E85 tune for racing... I did not take a pic, but it did sag with the teins and konis still on... It probably would not sag at all with the BC coilovers as the springs are 10K front and 8K rear (STIFF!). I am taking the car to Church once the engine is built for tuning...

Old 04-16-2019, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
For racing. It supposedly makes the car turn better. There's a number of folks who have argued it. When I installed the coilovers, I also purchased adjustable sway bar end links (still have, will be selling). I decided to drive it around with them uninstalled and see how it felt. It was fine so i decided to remove. I spoke with one of the best chassis builders in the country for fwd, who has probably the fastest fit in the country. He recommended I pull it. I argued so and so has his in. He said I'm way faster than him. That's good logic. I heard there was a risk of instability at high speed but she rides fine to me. And it improves the weight distribution. As they say, your mileage may vary. Cheers!

WOW, I never would have removed the front sway bar. I'm not convinced you understand the purpose of the parts you are buying/installing and how they relate to each other? I agree with selling the adjustable sway bar end links. Unless you're putting your car on scales and are attempting to corner balance the car they're useless. If you were then you probably wouldn't have removed the front sway bar? As you said, your milage may very. Good luck to you and stay safe on the track.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/question432.htm

Last edited by Rob H; 04-16-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?