3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
Where the left front fog light used to be

Also drilled out the fake grill

Just remove 1 screw from the fender well and get rid of that resonator. Then you can push the tabs in on the black housing. Then remove the connector and two screws on the fog light.

I found this 4" to 3" coupler at home depot which perfectly mated the weapon r hose to the fog light housing.
IATs are about 25* cooler with it while driving vs. Sitting still so it's working!
iat's at 25 degrees cooler?! wow!!!

any more pics to share with us, of how it looks under the hood .... all nice and routed?

Old 05-01-2019, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
anyone know if there is an injector seal kit for the cheap so I can get this done already? Not sure if shops loan this specific tool... aint tryna pay Honda $300 for the tool neither.

cheers!
I've found myself in a similar situation several times. In order to get a job done, I needed something expensive. Usually, I would spend the money on the tool, and it would be less expensive than paying someone to do the job, and I'd have to tool in case I needed it again or someone else needed it.

Ask around at mechanics you know, and see what they do about that problem. They could have a cheaper solution, or they might lend/rent it to you. Lots of auto parts stores have free loaner tools.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:52 PM
I find the little storage cubby between the shfter and armrest to be useless. It's just too small and shallow. Does anyone know if there's a part that fits to change it in to a cupholder or something else? Perhaps just making it bigger.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Not that I've seen. And I've tried those storage sleeves that are supposed to fit between the console and the seats. Nothing fits as the seats are way too close to the console. The only thing I've thought about was attaching a thin barrier/plate to the left of the brake lever along the console to make the whole area under the brake lever a storage area.

Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en
I find the little storage cubby between the shfter and armrest to be useless. It's just too small and shallow. Does anyone know if there's a part that fits to change it in to a cupholder or something else? Perhaps just making it bigger.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member

I put the remote for my XM radio there.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Change tailights today 😎

Makes the fit a bit more aggressive from behind
I'm waiting for the black garnish
It's coming in on Wednesday

Old 05-06-2019, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sublime01
Makes the fit a bit more aggressive from behind
I'm waiting for the black garnish
It's coming in on Wednesday
ok i kinda really like this. Two questions:
  1. Can we see what it looks like with the driving lights on, brake lights on, and turn signals?
  2. Where can I buy?!

Old 05-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Looks sharp!

Old 05-07-2019, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
I'll take more pictures tomorrow but they're called
JDM LED Tail Lights For Honda Fit / Jazz GK5 2015 2016 Smoked Tinted Assembly
On ebay. they're from China but they're not that bad
Never seen anyone with them I thought I'd try somethin new
They're 275 free shipping
5+ hp too

Old 05-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Looks very nice.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm not really into modz for looks. And yet and still, you have totally transformed the look of the car. Matches perfectly for your paint scheme. It looks verrry nice, well done! Maybe some clear lights up front if you haven't already done so to get that monochrome look across the board? Cheers!

Old 05-07-2019, 03:42 PM

My sunglasses fit there

Old 05-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Kiwi Jazz RS Sport GK5

finally decided to upgrade and get me a new 2019 GK5 Jazz
Good timing on the delivery I had my ruckus pinched sunday morning and my gen9 civic just isn't fun anymore.
A good friend runs the dealership its from, as a result im getting a bunch of stuff thrown at it at the moment
My goal is handling mostly we have some awesome windy roads through some remote parts of the countryside where handling is key and we have a few tracks for "play days"

The Kiwi RS Sport has a mugen body kit fitted from factory
mugen 17x7 wheels fitted with Potenza RE003
Mugen Sport coilover suspension pack (on a plane from japan)-20mm
there will be a tune some and there will be plenty more to come
exhaust will be coming it takes forever to get things down her so i might just make one

Delivery Day

Old 05-08-2019, 01:16 PM
I use that spot to collect dust.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:13 PM

I use mine for my subwoofer controller, thats about it

Old 05-11-2019, 08:28 PM
What size of you springs?

Originally Posted by guahan671
lowered my Fit with H&R sport springs today.

Attachment 12345
Size of your springs? Sits perfect

Old 05-12-2019, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
A few of you guys have installed steering wheels, and I believe another installed a wheel stitch on wrap

Has anyone had any gauge cluster lights light up .... afterwards?

I picked up the same wheel as bjosuesr/kitkat201 and I performed the install, (thanks for the vid kitkat201) ... and afterwards, after a good 30 mins/30 miles of driving on the highway ... my TPMS light began to blink at me... shortly after that, the VSA light came on, and right after that, the Electric Power Steering icon came on .... a few moments after all of that, the TPMS light stopped blinking but remained on

At this point, I am thinking 1 of 5 outcomes:
-Maybe I did not re tighten my negative on the battery, hard enough?
-Maybe I did something wrong while re installing the wheel?
-Maybe the 5 yr old oem battery itself is ready to die?
-Maybe the shop that did my bumper/radiator/ac condenser screwed something up back there, and I am getting these 3 lights as a result?
-Maybe something unrelated went wrong, and the wheel/battery has nothing to do with it?

@evilchargerfan BTW I had this same issue, but without any changes to the car, so I wouldn't necessarily attribute it to any of your recent work. I believe that there may be an intermittent issue with the power steering or some related sensors that is causing it to fault on those systems.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:57 AM
TRM 16" wheels, carbon fiber wrapped rear garnish, and aftermarket spoiler

Decided to wrap the back garnish in 3M DiNoc CF vinyl:

I also put on an aftermarket wing from this seller: advancetuning
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272993812745
Fits 15-18 Honda Fit RS Style Roof Spoiler Painted #NH731P Crystal Black
For $85 I thought it was a good value.

To mount the wing:
  • I opted to use the two threaded holes with a nut you attach from the inside of the tailgate frame (these are a direct fit).
  • For additional security, I used foam two-sided 3M tape on the top mounting surfaces and the wing is solid.
  • I detached the rear wiper fluid squirter at the right angle that would normally connect through.
  • The third brake light I tapped into the existing female plug at the tailgate

And I put on some new summer wheels. TireRack Motorsports 16x7 +40 with Continental ContiSport ExtremeContact DW

Old 05-12-2019, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by NatoRed
finally decided to upgrade and get me a new 2019 GK5 Jazz
Good timing on the delivery I had my ruckus pinched sunday morning and my gen9 civic just isn't fun anymore.
A good friend runs the dealership its from, as a result im getting a bunch of stuff thrown at it at the moment
My goal is handling mostly we have some awesome windy roads through some remote parts of the countryside where handling is key and we have a few tracks for "play days"

The Kiwi RS Sport has a mugen body kit fitted from factory
mugen 17x7 wheels fitted with Potenza RE003
Mugen Sport coilover suspension pack (on a plane from japan)-20mm
there will be a tune some and there will be plenty more to come
exhaust will be coming it takes forever to get things down her so i might just make one

Delivery Day
The car looks awesome - the Mugen front spoiler gives the car a completely different, and much more aggressive look.

Welcome to the forums!

Old 05-12-2019, 01:23 AM
How long did it take you to install the rear spoiler? Been debating to get it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?