1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

High Mileage Fits

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
I got my honda fit 2008 at 132000 miles but many problems so far but they are slowly getting reduced, my last issue might be either idle air control value or my coil packs. I already bought my replacement coil packs yesterday and I'll get them replaced next week hopefully

I've already changed my front axle, front brakes, got the usual fluids changed and got my value adjustment last week as well as replaced my spark plugs.

I'm thinking about going to the dealership to flush a few things because my mechanic refuses to flush my car for some reason. My oil was sludge so it makes me wonder why he won't flush it

Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Sounds like you need a new mechanic. That or he's telling you it's worthless and it's a waste of money to do it.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Katsumoto
Sounds like you need a new mechanic. That or he's telling you it's worthless and it's a waste of money to do it.
Who knows, when I had stalled and my car would die if I didn't warm it up. He said it was my idle control value. Last week I went to the dealership to get my values adjustment and what do you know no more stalling or the need to warm up my car

My car feels like it still stalls a little when the ac is on but I already bought a set of ignition coils and I'm going to get them installed right when I get them to get rid of all stalling

Old 01-11-2014, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Bought my 2007 Fit with 156000 miles (252000 kms) and it needs an 02 sensor and rear brake shoes. I like it so far, can't wait to get the new oxygen sensor in.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
I'm back!
Bought my Fit new in 07' auto NHBP, sold it to a close friend in 09' with 75k on it.
I am now officially buying it back from my friend. Now she has 140k.
The Fit has had no problems other than 2 coil packs/ Oil / Tires / Spark plugs.

As soon as I take possession of the car I plan on working it over checking everything and giving it a over all tune up. I know the rotors are a bit warped so thats the first thing to change.

Glad to be back on the forum

Old 01-13-2014, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mholmes85
I'm back!
Bought my Fit new in 07' auto NHBP, sold it to a close friend in 09' with 75k on it.
I am now officially buying it back from my friend. Now she has 140k.
The Fit has had no problems other than 2 coil packs/ Oil / Tires / Spark plugs.

As soon as I take possession of the car I plan on working it over checking everything and giving it a over all tune up. I know the rotors are a bit warped so thats the first thing to change.

Glad to be back on the forum
Welcome back to the fun side

Old 01-14-2014, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Found some surface rust on the subframe while trying to fix lots of water leaks. The biggest spot is under the drivers feet, followed by the passengers foot area. Anyone have any experience with the rust reforming sprays? Looks like that's what I'll be doing once the leaks are fixed.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm at 140k i still get about 36 mpg for an auto so I'm happy

only issue i have is my 3rd gear sometimes when under heavy load it feels like it is slipping not sure what it is. maybe something with the CVT cone.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:23 AM
For the guys with hi mileage, what octane gas have you been pumping into the car? I'm trying to determine if there is a correlation between better gas and engine longevity.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
Found some surface rust on the subframe while trying to fix lots of water leaks. The biggest spot is under the drivers feet, followed by the passengers foot area. Anyone have any experience with the rust reforming sprays? Looks like that's what I'll be doing once the leaks are fixed.
When I used to have older mid-90's civics (had about 8 total...at different times). I usually sprayed some underbody coating spray on rust prone areas...That or rustolium spray

When I bought the Fit new in 07', the first winter I had to get the small warranty repair (replace wires under drivers foot area). I remember the bulletin said water and salt could corrode the wires. I actually changed that warranty repair 2 times, both times the SRS light was on. Now it seems fixed and the fit has weather-tech floor mats and the problem stopped.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by two-five boy
For the guys with hi mileage, what octane gas have you been pumping into the car? I'm trying to determine if there is a correlation between better gas and engine longevity.
Best is 91 octane

Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mholmes85
When I used to have older mid-90's civics (had about 8 total...at different times). I usually sprayed some underbody coating spray on rust prone areas...That or rustolium spray

When I bought the Fit new in 07', the first winter I had to get the small warranty repair (replace wires under drivers foot area). I remember the bulletin said water and salt could corrode the wires. I actually changed that warranty repair 2 times, both times the SRS light was on. Now it seems fixed and the fit has weather-tech floor mats and the problem stopped.

Very nice, I will look into those mats too. I think I just fixed the drivers door leak tonight, we'll find out soon enough. Also using the dremel to sand off the surface rust before painting, it's coming off pretty easily thankfully. Phew!

Old 01-30-2014, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Joining Forum

My 2007 Fit just turned over 140,900 miles today. I bought it new -- first Fit purchased at the dealer I bought it from. I've always used the maintenance minder to keep up with regular oil changes and required service and have always used my dealer's service dept for all regular service. Like many of you, I've had them try to sell me on all kinds of services but I always just stick with what Honda recommends and if Honda doesn't recommend it, I don't get it. I've had all 4 brakes replaced and rotors turned once (3 years ago) and am getting ready to purchase my 4th set of tires. I just replaced both headlight bulbs -- the ones I replaced were the originals. The only other part I've had to replace is a sensor for the cruise control -- it wouldn't engage. My Fit has never left me stranded nor failed to start. Just an incredible little car!

As it's getting older, I'm interested in hearing from others that are original owners who know the service history and type of drivers the car has experienced so as to anticipate what type of issues may be ahead in terms of service and repairs. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences -- it's so interesting to read all the posts!

Old 02-03-2014, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
165,000 miles. Only driver from day one, Oil change every 5k with cheap Autozone oil. Put Ebay cheap slotted disks on her at 60k with lifetime warranty AZ pads. Plugs and DIY valve adjust at 100k.

Tourqe App shows voltage spikes when using lights and defroster (AC), with lights pulsing in the cab too, might tighten the belt one day.

It is a Honda, my 5th import since the Datsun pickup. Just remember it is a cheap econobox disposable car, treat it like you stole it and it will run forever. Don't over think it.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
08 Honda Fit Sport - 114,500+ miles, only problems I've had with it were the coil packs thing. Nowadays it has been misfiring at starting causing the CEL to go on, not a big deal as it doesn't really cause a problem once it's warmed up.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
@ ikutoishobo:

My 2007 just turned 200k miles. I'm having the same issue with misfire. Seems to be cyl4. Any idea what it is?

Thinking coil pack or spark plug, but not sure yet.

Also, unrelated, my reverse lights are out and it doesn't seem to be the fuse or the bulbs. What's the next thing to check? Thinking maybe the switch in the gear shift assembly.

Other than that, no complaints.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Scratch&Dent
@ ikutoishobo:

My 2007 just turned 200k miles. I'm having the same issue with misfire. Seems to be cyl4. Any idea what it is?

Thinking coil pack or spark plug, but not sure yet.

Also, unrelated, my reverse lights are out and it doesn't seem to be the fuse or the bulbs. What's the next thing to check? Thinking maybe the switch in the gear shift assembly.

Other than that, no complaints.
Cylinders 3 AND 4 are misfiring for me. I notice no difference in performance, fuel economy, and it does just fine after it's warmed up.

Autozone guys say it's a vacuum hose leak, heck I don't even know where the heck the vacuum hose is on the Fit (to be honest I never tried looking).

I changed the spark plugs at about 95k (same time I got all 4 coil packs changed).

Woop, forgot to edit this post. I found out about a week ago that it's the coil packs acting up again. Use OEM ones.

Last edited by ikutoisahobo; 02-23-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
152.000 still strong !!!!

Old 02-23-2014, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Just added update on miles...

Right now I am at 235,000 on mine! (08/2011)

As of 8/23/12 ... 293,000 miles

as of 4/18/13 ... 323,000 miles

as of 2/20/14 ... 363,000 miles

Old 02-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Damn you trying for 500k?

Quick Reply: High Mileage Fits