2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Install

Old 02-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
My Acura RDX Injector arrived yesterday:

Still have to go to exhaust shop to do custom exhaust,
buy all new gasket from Bernardi Honda (just want to make sure eventhough
Sprintex install manual say to reuse old intake manifold gasket)...
bore out the Sprintex restrictor...
either Polish or Paint/powder coat the sprintex supercharger housing in Dark Grey
or Black color... (still undecided)...
find solutions for the MAP sensor (after boost) since my Sprntex is the concept 2,
then install DEFI boost meter, DEFI water temp gauge and use the Garage Amis
custom pod above the spedometer which I already have...
then if after I done all the above which should be around end of March...
and K-Tuner still do not have all the beta features (expanded map and injector resizing), the I will be force to buy the boomslang wiring and AEM F/IC-6...
Hopefully K-Tuner is ready so I can just buy K-Tuner... by around March (or hopefully earlier)....

can you take measurements of that injector ? reason I ask that is idental to the R35 GT-R injectors......

Old 02-10-2016, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by racer986jec
can you take measurements of that injector ? reason I ask that is idental to the R35 GT-R injectors......
Hi,
I recently move to a new home few weeks ago,
and I have not find the box where I keep those injector.
as soon as I found it I take measurement for you.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Hi,
I recently move to a new home few weeks ago,
and I have not find the box where I keep those injector.
as soon as I found it I take measurement for you.
whats the cc's on the injectors ?

Old 02-11-2016, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by racer986jec
whats the cc's on the injectors ?
Hello,
These Acura RDX injectors are rated for 410cc (at 38 psi) and 550cc (at 70psi)

Old 02-12-2016, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
Hi Guys,

I check the black short rubber hose that connect the black round tube (look like vacuum actuator) because I am thinking of replacing that hose with a nicer looking one,
and when I pull the hose from the end where it goes to the brass barb,
I peek inside the hose and see some kind of metal restrictor inside it.
Do anybody here know why the hose need a metal restrictor inside it?
If I replace it with a hose without restrictor, would there be a problem?

I also try to pull the hose from the black round tube,
but it just won't come off, eventhough I can rotate the hose freely 360degress...
Had anybody ever try to remove this short black hose and replace it with a nicer one?

Old 02-13-2016, 12:39 AM
Great info .

Old 02-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Has anyone figured out why the full blown limp mode happens? (p0300,p0301,p0302, etc)

I got it twice today, one in the morning and one at night. It was part throttle cruising. I've put about 1000 miles on it so far. I wonder if its temperature related. It's been warmer lately, 70's vs 50-60. The IAT on my scan gauge was reading about 95-110 degrees.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Boostedtaco
Has anyone figured out why the full blown limp mode happens? (p0300,p0301,p0302, etc)

I got it twice today, one in the morning and one at night. It was part throttle cruising. I've put about 1000 miles on it so far. I wonder if its temperature related. It's been warmer lately, 70's vs 50-60. The IAT on my scan gauge was reading about 95-110 degrees.
Watch your timing advance on an obd2 scanner. If you start seeing your timing roll down to around 12-13.5 BTDC (This is the amount of timing the ECU is trying to give PRE-PIGGYBACK) then you are knocking something awful. This is the furthest the ECU will retard timing. Continued knock will trigger limp as the ecu can't pull any more timing. Significant knock may register as a misfire. Solution is to add more fuel if appropriate or pull more timing. You really want to try to get the ECU to give you full pre-piggyback timing (20-21.5 DBTDC) and then start adding more timing in the piggyback or try running a little leaner.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 02-27-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Hmm....Cruising on the highway and lifting of throttle, the gauge displays -15.0 timing advance. Maybe its the transition from on to off throttle tripping the limp mode.

Anyway, I have more pressing issues. My car or something has crapped out.

Now, the car won't hold idle. I'll start the car, the rpm's surge to 3000, and while the revs are falling the ecu(?) is trying to hold it then it'll die. If I hold the revs to around 4k, it'll stay there with misfiring.

Soo, I checked the plugs, they looked like brownish tan color, and swapped in some colder ones. And it still happens, I 'can' drive the car as long as its in a gear but it'll misfire.

I also noticed the supercharger whine is more of a dull whine, instead of the crisp whine.

Any guesses what it could be? I imagine it may be a sensor as the car was running fine before hand.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Sooo, i've decided to move to Ktuner, since my car shit the bed and i'm not certain how reliable the piggyback is. (it drove fine on saturday, then late at night, the issue started)

Anyway, i ordered all the parts (injectors, clips, port plugs, silicone reducer) except KTuner, turbogixxer is checking to see if it is in stock.

Was it Proton who ran without a reflash? I'm trying to find a temporary alternative if Ktuner is out of stock.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
^ I believe Goobers is still running around with no engine management.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:34 PM
It was Goobers, thanks for the tip.

Hmm, he just ran a larger fuel pump. I wonder if just running the RDX injectors would be okay. Unless the injectors are too big for starting and/or driving.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
It was Goobers, thanks for the tip.

Hmm, he just ran a larger fuel pump. I wonder if just running the RDX injectors would be okay. Unless the injectors are too big for starting and/or driving.
The RDX Injector is 410cc, while the stock injector is 185cc.
I think it would be a problem...

Old 03-02-2016, 07:01 PM
The RDX Injector is 410cc, while the stock injector is 185cc.
I think it would be a problem...
I thought so too, i'm still waiting to see if Ktuner is instock. There's some for the 11-13 fits?

If its out of stock, i'll run the accord 310cc injectors and see if that'll work.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
I thought so too, i'm still waiting to see if Ktuner is instock. There's some for the 11-13 fits?

If its out of stock, i'll run the accord 310cc injectors and see if that'll work.
when you say in stock, do you mean the injector?
if yes, then just buy the injector from Bernardi Honda.
I bought it from them and cheaper then from anybody else on the internet,
plus you know for sure it is original genuine honda parts if you buy from Bernardi Honda.

I also buy the wire adaptor needed to adapt the RDX to Fit injector clip from Jackson Racing,
so you won't have to modify anything on the clip.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Custom OEM Fuel Injectors from FiveOMotorsport (No relation just got good service in the past...)

Since there is no such thing as a real Honda injector,,, They buy them from Bosch / Siemons / Delphi just like every body else....

Nothing like matched injectors to clean up a tune..

Old 03-02-2016, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Custom OEM Fuel Injectors from FiveOMotorsport (No relation just got good service in the past...)

Since there is no such thing as a real Honda injector,,, They buy them from Bosch / Siemons / Delphi just like every body else....

Nothing like matched injectors to clean up a tune..
I just check the website you provide above,
and they sell a RE-MANUFACTURED OEM Honda Injector.

I understand what you mean about no real Honda injector,
but at least if you buy from Bernardi Honda (or any other Honda authorized dealer) you know that what you buy is a REAL (meaning Genuine) and not some FAKE / Imitation product (of course unless that Honda dealer is crazy and do illegal stuff like selling fake honda parts which of course is illegal and most likely a big dealer would not risk doing)

At our Honda Fit Sprintex application, with low boost level...
I don't think a matched injector will do much difference,
I will rather have a brand new OEM Genuine Honda Parts (which of course made by Denso or Other OEM Supplier) than a USED injector that being re-manufactured by non factory.
(as you can see the website above have some policy for core deposit, which clearly mean, they got a used core injector from customer than re-manufactured them)...

for me, I rather have a brand NEW OEM Genuine Honda Injector unit that had never been used for few years inside other people engine...
even it might not be perfectly matched,
but I am sure it is within factory spec tolerance because if it work for new Acura RDX with higher horsepower application, I think it should work well with our Honda Fit.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 AM
when you say in stock, do you mean the injector?
Whoops, I was referring to Ktuner itself. Either way, i'll have 310's or 410's in the car, just depends whenever I can get Ktuner.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Thats if you want a Honda injector, at the end of the day, if its just about performance, they do sell new injectors that are compatible with the Honda fitment, if you need the high flow ones. You have to talk to them on the phone if your stepping very far over the line..

For what its worth I've had numerous injectors brand new from dealers tested and they are seldom even close to matching flow. and under high boost thats not good. (In my experience ,,, everybody has a different history with different fails. )
For a high performance engine I always re-test them. Had too many fails from bad brand new parts over the years..

I just check the website you provide above,
and they sell a RE-MANUFACTURED OEM Honda Injector.

I understand what you mean about no real Honda injector,
but at least if you buy from Bernardi Honda (or any other Honda authorized dealer) you know that what you buy is a REAL (meaning Genuine) and not some FAKE / Imitation product (of course unless that Honda dealer is crazy and do illegal stuff like selling fake honda parts which of course is illegal and most likely a big dealer would not risk doing)

At our Honda Fit Sprintex application, with low boost level...
I don't think a matched injector will do much difference,
I will rather have a brand new OEM Genuine Honda Parts (which of course made by Denso or Other OEM Supplier) than a USED injector that being re-manufactured by non factory.
(as you can see the website above have some policy for core deposit, which clearly mean, they got a used core injector from customer than re-manufactured them)...

for me, I rather have a brand NEW OEM Genuine Honda Injector unit that had never been used for few years inside other people engine...
even it might not be perfectly matched,
but I am sure it is within factory spec tolerance because if it work for new Acura RDX with higher horsepower application, I think it should work well with our Honda Fit.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Thats if you want a Honda injector, at the end of the day, if its just about performance, they do sell new injectors that are compatible with the Honda fitment, if you need the high flow ones. You have to talk to them on the phone if your stepping very far over the line..

For what its worth I've had numerous injectors brand new from dealers tested and they are seldom even close to matching flow. and under high boost thats not good. (In my experience ,,, everybody has a different history with different fails. )
For a high performance engine I always re-test them. Had too many fails from bad brand new parts over the years..

BMW AlPINA/Dwtaylorpdx,
So would it be worthwhile to get new Honda injectors and send them off to RC Engineering to be 'flow matched'? That way you have the best of both worlds (New injectors AND flow matched). Win/Win?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Install